Young Lincolnshire is a consortium created to bring together and strengthen the third sector organisations and infrastructure providers that support young people and youth provision across Lincolnshire.
- To make young people’s lives better by being able to access more chances in life.
- To strengthen the voice of young people through networking, training, volunteer opportunities, achievements and celebration events.
- To work closely with communities and partner organisations to reduce duplication and maximise support and resources.
- To improve delivery/ access of available support/ provision countywide to increase youth participation.
- To use the strengths of Lincolnshire Council for Voluntary Youth Service (LCVYS), Lincolnshire Youth Association (LYA) and Discover Volunteering CIC (DV) to create stronger networks across the county.
- Thus to benefit Young Lincolnshire by strengthening the Community and Voluntary organisations directly delivering youth services.
LCVYS is a charity that supports and gives advice to the voluntary youth services across Lincolnshire. If you are a young person or youth worker and would like your group to get some friendly help and support, whether it is finding some money for new equipment, fundraising, training, getting to know other youth groups near you or just to tell us what fun you’re having then please get in touch, we’re just at the end of the phone or email.
Discover Volunteering is a not for profit organisation which runs grassroots community projects and helps support young people and charities in a range of areas. We are a nationally accredited centre offering ASDAN’s Volunteering at an Event Qualifications (ideal for youth organisations) and support volunteering across the county.
LINCOLNSHIRE YOUTH ASSOCIATION (YDA) is the UK Youth County co-ordinating body and works extensively with Business, Further Education and Professional bodies to support young peoples development and enhanced opportunity. LYA actively supports the day to day running of youth clubs and will be the county network of the revitalised National Association of Boys and Girls Clubs.
Contact: Charles Shaw – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Lincolnshire are fortunate to have a team of student volunteers from the University of Lincoln helping us with our launch.
We are a team of Cygnet PR students from the University of Lincoln currently volunteering for Young Lincolnshire. We are working on a helping with the launch and have set up and managed the social media pages on Twitter and Facebook for the company. We are also currently planning a workshop for the ‘RELOAD’ Conference and working on a number of other ideas.
Hello my name is Iona Garcia, second year Public Relations student at the University of Lincoln. I’m very interested in Events due to choosing an Events Management module and working for an events staffing agency over the summer in London. The main reason I like events is because I enjoy communicating and interacting with people face to face. I also enjoy the design aspect of PR with campaigns, branding and leaflets.
Hey I’m Emma Wight, second year Public Relations student at the University of Lincoln. I really enjoy engaging and communicating with others through a number of means such as social networks and blogs. My main hobby is swimming in competitions for fun and just to keep fit.
I’m Alexandra Lazar currently a Journalism and PR student, I enjoy reading, travelling and dancing! I discovered volunteering while in high school, when I started attending the debate sessions of the European Youth Parliament.
Hi I’m Rowan Brocklesby, a 2nd year Journalism & PR student. I’m also a total nerd who plays a lot of video games, reads comics and writes for a games & tech websites.