Young Lincolnshire is a consortium created to bring together and strengthen the third sector organisations and infrastructure providers that support young people and youth provision across Lincolnshire.
- To make young people’s lives better by being able to access more chances in life.
- To strengthen the voice of young people through networking, training, volunteer opportunities, achievements and celebration events.
- To work closely with communities and partner organisations to reduce duplication and maximise support and resources.
- To improve delivery/ access of available support/ provision countywide to increase youth participation.
- To use the strengths of Lincolnshire Council for Voluntary Youth Service (LCVYS), Lincolnshire Youth Association (LYA), Boys and Girls Clubs Networks, Connexxion’s Community Hubs and The Centre for Reconciliation Discover to create stronger networks across the county.
- Thus to benefit Young Lincolnshire by strengthening the Community and Voluntary organisations directly delivering youth services.
Young Lincolnshire also recognised Discover Volunteering CIC as a first partner and places on record our appreciation of its work as part of the Consortium during DVs period of operation. Young Lincolnshire is working with partners to build on this legacy of Volunteering awards and experiences and the Volunteer Card Programme.
LCVYS is a charity that supports and gives advice to the voluntary youth services across Lincolnshire. If you are a young person or youth worker and would like your group to get some friendly help and support, whether it is finding some money for new equipment, fundraising, training, getting to know other youth groups near you or just to tell us what fun you’re having then please get in touch, we’re just at the end of the phone or email.
LINCOLNSHIRE YOUTH ASSOCIATION is the County co-ordinating body for Community Youth Services and works extensively with Business, Further Education and Professional bodies to support young peoples development and enhanced opportunity. LYA actively supports the day to day running of youth clubs and is the county network of the National Association of Boys and Girls Clubs. We also work with all the key national and regional networks for youth services including the East and East Midlands Regional Youth Work Unit.We also work with The Youth Development Association on development and training.
Contact: Charles Shaw – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 01522 569 776
Young Lincolnshire were fortunate to have a team of student volunteers from the University of Lincoln helping us with our launch. Currently we welcome volunteers from both Universities and other colleges in Lincolnshire. We provide introductory to qualifying training in Youth and Community Work so please get in touch if you would like further details.